All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany conditions affect our brain and nervous system, and this book provides an in-depth guide to the anatomy of our nervous system. Dr Dawn unravels the mysteries of this complex system, looking at what the different parts of our brain do and what happens when they go wrong. Topics include headaches and migraine, epilepsy, stroke, multiple sclerosis, dementia, motor neurone disease, and benign and cancerous brain tumours. The relevant scans and tests, what they involve and what they can show. She also covers warning signs and symptoms, what you need to kw from your doctor, and what to expect from your treatment.
- Author BiographyDr Dawn Harper is a media doctor on Channel 4's Embarrassing Bodies programme, and a resident doctor on ITV's This Morning. Dr Harper trained at Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School in London and worked in hospital specialities for several years. As a part-time GP in Gloucestershire, she has a particular interest in women's health, preventative medicine and weight management.
- Author(s)Dawn Harper
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheldon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.