All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany of us live near the beach, and many more visit the beach on holidays. But just how much do we understand about the beach and its potential hazards? The types of waves and the way they break, tides and their currents, dangerous rips and how to spot them, and why some beaches are safer than others. Every year tens of thousands of people need to be rescued from the ocean because beach-goers don't possess basic beach safety kwledge and skills. The Essential Beach Book by Rob Brander (aka Dr Rip), a surf-lifesaver and scientist who studies beaches, rips and currents, is a simple, entertaining and useful guide to beach safety, with a solid scientific basis. He explains how beaches form, what drives waves and how rips develop, and offers practical advice to show you how to get the most out of your day at the beach - without risking your life.
- Author BiographyRob Brander is a senior lecturer and coastal geomorphologist at the University of New South Wales. He is also a former surf lifesaver at Tamarama Beach in Sydney.
- Author(s)Rob Brander
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.