All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the literary equivalent of buried treasure - seven newly-discovered stories by Dr. Seuss! The first new Seuss stories to emerge since 1990! The amazing stories are full of typical Seuss humour, rhyme and rhythm and are all beautifully illustrated. They include: 'The Bippolo Seed,' in which a scheming cat leads an incent duck to make a bad decision; 'The Rabbit, the Bear, and the Zinniga-Zanniga,' about a rabbit who is saved from a bear via a single eyelash; 'Gustav the Goldfish,' about a fish that grew and grew; 'Tadd and Todd,' a tale about twins; 'Steak for Supper,' about fantastic creatures who follow a boy home in anticipation of a steak dinner; 'The Strange Shirt Spot,' about a spot of dirt that gets everywhere; and 'The Great Henry McBride,' about a boy whose far-flung career fantasies were bested only by those of Dr. Seuss himself. The perfect book for any Seuss fan, young or old!
- Author BiographyTheodor Seuss Geisel - better known to his millions of fans as Dr. Seuss - was born the son of a park superintendent in Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1904. After studying at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, and later at Oxford University in England, he became a magazine humorist and cartoonist, and an advertising man. He soon turned his many talents to writing children's books, and his first book - 'And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street' - was published in 1937. His greatest claim to fame was the one and only 'The Cat in the Hat', published in 1957, the first of a successful range of early learning books known as Beginner Books.
- Author(s)Dr. Seuss
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleDr Seuss
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Weight479 g
- Width209 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Most relevant reviews
- karenlc7406 Apr, 2012by
Great stories which all children and adults children love.
The stories are great. It's wonderful to find more of the wonderful Dr Seuss! We are big fans. Great resource to teach reading to young children. Fun at the same time. Nice hard cover will be a great book to keep for years.
- petablues01 Jan, 2012by
You won't be disappointed, classic Dr Suess!
These are as delightful as the other Dr Suess tales but there is something special about knowing that these stories might not have been told at all if they had been lost. As wonderous as any Dr Suess story time.
- tasrahj11 Dec, 2011by
Fantastic Dr.Suess book! My Year 2 class love Dr. Suess and this book was no exception. They all want to own their own copy now!
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $11.59Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $54.41
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $19.33
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $17.07
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $5.10Trending at AU $8.23