Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes what it was like to be drafted and sent to Vietnam in 1967, and returning with the invisible wounds of Agent Orange leukemia and PTSD. If you have a draft age son, you should read this book. 1.7 million American boys and men, age 19 to 25, were drafted from 1965 to 1973 during the Vietnam conflict. 648,500 of those draftees actually went to Vietnam, a war many believe should never happened; especially a situation where boys were forced to serve or be sent to prison. John Wilson, then a 19 year old, was one of those draftees. While fortunate to have come home alive, in DRAFTEE, Wilson chronicles his life changing experience that has an impact on his life to this day. His compelling story details the rigors of pre-war training, enduring combat from the jungles rtheast of Saigon to the Mekong Delta, and living with demons brought on by the war. After his service overseas, he returns home to learn Vietnam Veterans are forsaken and shamed by the general public. Wilson provides insight to lessons learned from the Vietnam War that should always be remembered; the underlying message being, never force men to war unless our liberty and freedom is compromised and there is other choice! At a time when our troops are depleted from multiple tours of combat, DRAFTEE raises timely concern that the DRAFT must be considered a last resort before it is enacted again. Wilson was the first Vietnam Veteran hored by HONOR FLIGHT-Syracuse, on April 5, 2014.
- Author BiographyAs of July, 2015, John Wilson lives in Cicero, NY, a suburb of Syracuse. He is fighting his Agent Orange leukemia and remains active. John was the first Vietnam Veteran honored on HONOR FLIGHT-Syracuse, April 5, 2014. You may visit his web site at www.drafteevietnam.com for more photos and to contact him.
- Author(s)John W Wilson Jr
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.