All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of drag racings very popular classes formed was the Gassers. During the 50s, Model A and 1932-34 Fords were considered the hot set-up for these gas classes. Using Ford V-8 flatheads and later overhead valve engines, Gas Coupe and Sedan classes had to maintain stock wheelbases and the engine relocation was limited.By the mid-60s, it was rare to find an upper classed gasser with any other body make than Willys, Studebaker, Austin or Anglia. They were the stoutest full-bodied cars on strips nationwide. Touring teams ran four to six times every week, often traveling several hundred miles day and night to make their next dates.This was old school racing! However, interest waned as fliptop funny cars took over in popularity. The battles in A/GS (later AA/GS) ranks created many heroes and villains who etched their marks into drag racing history. Gassers shared with fans of the quarter mile one the most thrilling overall racecar types, and for an era that was all too short, they were literally the Kings of the Sport. Enjoy this photo book that takes you back to that time.
- Author BiographyLou Hart has been covering the sport of drag racing for over 30 years. He sells his vintage photos at swap meets, and usually charges about the same price as this book for one or two photos. He has also authored Drag Racing Funny Cars of the 1960s Photo Archive, Slingshot Dragsters of the 1960s Photo Archive, and co-author of Drag Racing Funny Cars of the 1970s Photo Archive.
- Author(s)Lou Hart
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHudson, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note140
- Weight499 g
- Width260 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.