All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first fully illustrated guide to all 336 dragonfly and damselfly species of eastern North America--from the rivers of Manitoba to the Florida cypress swamps--and the companion volume to Dennis Paulson's acclaimed field guide to the dragonflies and damselflies of the West. Dragonflies and Damselflies of the East features hundreds of color photos that depict all the species found in the region, detailed line drawings to aid in-hand identification, and a color distribution map for every species--and the book's compact size and user-friendly design make it the only guide you need in the field. Species accounts describe key identification features, distribution, flight season, similar species, habitat, and natural history. Paulson's authoritative introduction offers a primer on dragonfly biology and identification, and also includes tips on how to study and photograph these stunningly beautiful insects. * Illustrates all 336 eastern species * Features hundreds of full-color photos * Includes detailed species accounts, line drawings to aid identification, and a color distribution map for every species * Offers helpful tips for the dragonfly enthusiast
- Author BiographyDennis Paulson's books include Dragonflies and Damselflies of the West and Shorebirds of North America (both Princeton). Now retired, he was director of the Slater Museum of Natural History at the University of Puget Sound.
- Author(s)Dennis Paulson
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note675 color photos. 350 line illus. 333 maps.
- Weight1228 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.