All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor true believers only, a lavishly illustrated reproduction of a legendary volume by the world s most distinguished dragologist. Don t let it fall into the wrong hands! Do you believe in dragons? Now, for the first time, the long-lost research of rewned nineteenth century dragologist Dr. Ernest Drake is presented in all its eccentric glory, happily bridging the gap between dragon legend and fact. The meticulous Dr. Drake assigns Latin names to various dragon species, ruminates on why dragons are able to speak, speculates on how they could fly, and explains the true purpose of their torious hoarding habits. Here are just a few of DRAGONOLOGY'S fascinating features: Novelty item on every spread, including tactile samples of dragon wings, dragon scales, and dragon skin Booklet of dragon riddles (indispensable to the burgeoning dragologist) Sealed envelope containing a powerful dragon-calling spell Embossed faux leather cover with silver foil, encrusted with three dragon gems In his afterword, Dr. Drake reveals that one of the crucial goals of dragologists is to preserve the magnificent creatures of their study wherever possible - a goal this tongue-in-cheek volume most affectionately achieves. An incomparable gift for secret dragologists everywhere!
- Author BiographyDr. Ernest Drake is said to have lived in St. Leonard s Forest, Sussex, England, in the late nineteenth century and to have issued a very limited run - some 100 copies - of DRAGONOLOGY in 1895. A noted dragonologist and a founding member of the Secret & Ancient Society of Dragonologists in London, Dr. Ernest Drake was determined to bring the subject of dragons under the burgeoning umbrella of the nineteenth-century natural sciences. He had absolutely no doubt that dragons exist, and his notes suggest that he had no little experience of them. Apparently, only one copy of DRAGONOLOGY ever appeared in public, surfacing in the basement of a secondhand bookstore in London in 1987. The book was accompanied by a letter, dated 1904, addressed to an unnamed apprentice. Dr. Ernest Drake s painstaking work has been faithfully reproduced in this unique volume.
- Author(s)Ernest Drake
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width267 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.07
- AU $44.49Trending at AU $51.70
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.