All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDragons with Clay Feet? presents state-of-the-art research on the impact of ongoing and anticipated ecomic policy and institutional reforms on agricultural development and sustainable rural resource in two East-Asian transition (and developing) ecomies-China and Vietnam. The contributions to this volume focus on the regional and sectoral impact of transformational policies, farm household decision making under a changing ecomic and institutional environment, and potential trade-offs between agricultural growth and sustainable land management in the two countries. The analysis of household responses to ecomic policies and changing institution, and their implications for agricultural production and sustainable resource use in East-Asian transition ecomies, is a relatively new research field. This collection by a group of Chinese, Vietnamese, and international researchers reflect the rapid progress that is being made in this important research field.
- Author BiographyMax Spoor is associate professor at the Institute of Social Studies, The Hague/Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Nico Heerink is associate professor at Wageningen University in The Netherlands and visiting professor at Nanjing Agricultural University in Nanjing, China. Futian Qu is professor at the College of Land Management and vice president of the Nanjing Agricultural University in Nanjing, China.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/02/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width162 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byFutian Qu,Max Spoor,Nico Heerink
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.