All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionDramatic Considerations consists of essays on A Streetcar Named Desire, Ghosts, Of Mice and Men, A Man's a Man, Fanshen, Riders to the Sea, The Hostage, Romeo and Juliet, The Ghost Sonata, Engaged, Candida, and The Homecoming. The author's focus is on dramatic analysis that ultimately can benefit directors and designers. His analysis of character, action, language, and setting can be translated into concepts for theatrical production. Most of the plays considered here are regularly produced, and it is the goal of this book to make some contribution to their future staging.
- Author BiographyThe Author: After receiving his B.A. from the University of Florida and his M.A. from Tulane, Bert Cardullo graduated from the Yale School of Drama with a Doctor of Fine Arts degree in dramaturgy and dramatic criticism. He has published three other books: one as author, Indelible Images: New Perspectives on Classic Films,, and two as editor, Before His Eyes: Essays in Honor of Stanley Kauffmann and The Film Criticism of Vernon Young. Mr. Cardullo has published widely on both film and drama in addition to having worked as a dramaturg on theatrical productions at Yale, Cornell, Tulane, and Florida State. He has taught at Louisiana State University and Wesleyan, and is currently Assistant Professor of Theatre and Drama at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, where he serves in both the graduate and the undergraduate programs.
- Author(s)Bert Cardullo
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1992
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 26: Theatre Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.