Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe art of ancient Egypt is instantly recognisable and deeply appealing to children and adults of all ages. This attractive book shows that anyone can draw animals, people and places in the style of ancient Egyptian artists. Clear, easy-to-follow sketches show how to build up a drawing from simple basic shapes, and how to add colour and detail to create an accomplished final image. Photographs of real Egyptian artefacts give reference for authentic Egyptian colours and composition. Children can discover, by doing it for themselves, the rules that created the particular Egyptian look and recreate it in their own individual designs and drawings. They can put different elements together to create their own Egyptian-inspired scenes. A must-have for anyone who has ever admired Egyptian art and wanted to pick up a pencil for themselves. This book is suitable for anyone from complete beginners to budding artists.
- Author BiographyClaire Thorne is an Egyptological artist and illustrator who works in the British Museum. Her illustrations have appeared in numerous publications, including the British Museum Book of Hieroglyphs (BMP 2003).
- Author(s)Claire Thorne
- PublisherBritish Museum Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Museum Press
- Content Notecolour & b/w artwork plus colour photographs
- Weight260 g
- Width220 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.