All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive, hands-on guide to learning the basic drawing skills needed to successfully create video game art. Drawing Basics for Video Game Art demonstrates how fine art principles like drawing skills, anatomy, values and lighting and colour all apply to the creation of artwork for video games. The book features artwork from such hit video games as Halo Reach , Zelda , Super Mario Galaxy 2 , World of Warcraft , Grand Theft Auto , Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet . Included are examples of classic to contemporary fine art in order to further show the reader the same basic principles still apply to all art forms and that video game art is very much still art.
- Author BiographyChris Solarski received a BA in Computer Animation and is also a clasically trained artist. He works as the Creative Director at a social-gaming design company Gbanga. He has also worked for Sony Computer, in their London offices.
- Author(s)Chris Solarski
- PublisherWatson-Guptill Publications
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWatson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notefull colour throughout, 250 full colour & 50 b/w illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.