All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.13
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionRobert McGee is a man living under a dark cloud. Acclaimed cartoonist of the underground comic book Birdland, he has moved his family from Texas to New Orleans and finally to Missing Mile, North Carolina. But Robert is unable to escape the drinking and the violence that have become as natural to him as breathing. Soon after he and his family settle into a decrepit farmhouse, Robert kills his wife, his younger son, and then himself. Only his five-year-old son, Trevor, is left alive. Twenty years later Trevor McGee, also a cartoonist, returns to Missing Mile to the house in which his family once lived. He has been running from the truth for years, and finally realizes he must face his demons. He fears that what happened to his father will happen to him. But if it does, Trevor thinks, at least I won't have anyone to kill. Then he befriends Zachary Bosch, a computer hacker from New Orleans running from the law. In the house, which Trevor calls Birdland, they must confront much more than bad memories. For the house itself carries its own dark force, which threatens to envelop Trevor in the past and destroy him. Stephen King's The Shining re-created the haunted house vel in the '70s with a stunning vision; Brite combines these elements in a totally new way to reimagine this genre for the '90s with a brilliant new power.
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight204 g
- Width109 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.