CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Anna Maria Giusti returns from holiday to find her elderly neighbour Constanza Altavilla dead, with blood on the floor near her head, she immediately alerts the police. Commissario Brunetti is called to the scene and it seems the woman has suffered a fatal heart attack. Patta, the Vice-Questore, is eager to dismiss the case as a death from natural causes, but Brunetti believes that there is more to it. It soon transpires that there are some faint bruises around her neck and shoulders, indicating she may have been shaken. Could this have caused a heart attack? And was someone threatening her? Meanwhile, Brunetti meets Sigra Altavilla's son, Niccolini, who tells him that since her retirement she had been helping out at a nearby nursing home. Brunetti visits the home with Ispettore Vianello to try and find any information that might be connected to the case. While they speak to those she spent the most time with, it appears that there is some hostility between the residents which raises Brunetti's suspicions. Once again, he enlists the help of Sigrina Elettra, who discovers that Sigra Altavilla was involved with an organisation that helped women at risk, providing them with a safe house. Could this have something to do with her death? As the investigation takes an unexpected twist in events, Brunetti needs to find out the truth before it gets buried within a community that seems to be slipping deeper and deeper into deception and lies.
- Author BiographyDonna Leon was named by The Times as one of the 50 Greatest Crime Writers. She is an award-winning crime novelist, celebrated for the bestselling Brunetti series. Donna has lived in Venice for thirty years and previously lived in Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Iran and China, where she worked as a teacher. Donna's books have been translated into 35 languages and have been published around the world. Her previous novels featuring Commissario Brunetti have all been highly acclaimed; including Friends in High Places, which won the CWA Macallan Silver Dagger for Fiction, Fatal Remedies, Doctored Evidence, A Sea of Troubles and Beastly Things.
- Author(s)Donna Leon
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBrunetti
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Audiobooks
- Out-of-print date18/02/2017
- Weight183 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Read byAndrew Sachs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time263
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.