All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis bumper gift book for beginners is full of practical advice and step-by-step exercises on drawing a wide range of popular subjects - wildlife, people, the countryside and buildings. Drawing for Beginners covers all the essential aspects of drawing, starting with advice on the various drawing media - from pencils and pens to charcoal, pastel, pen and wash, and conte - and explaining how they can be used to achieve different effects. Other sections look at topics such as proportion, composition, light, tone and texture. All the techniques are very clearly and simply described, providing an ideal introduction to drawing for the complete beginner.
- Author BiographyPeter Partington is a well-known and highly respected wildlife artist. He is a member of the Society of WildlifeArtists, the author of Learn to Paint Birds in Watercolour, Learn to Draw Wildlife and Learn to Draw Farm Animals, and a regular contributor to 'The Artist' magazine. David Cook is a professional artist, well known for his work in coloured pencils. His work is exhibited throughout the UK and he holds regular painting courses and workshops. He has written articles for 'The Artist' magazine, is the author of several books, and his work was featured in 'Chromacolour', published by HarperCollins in 1996.
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/02/2005
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight744 g
- Width209 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.