All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing Redefined offers an original, critical look at the distinctive role drawing plays in the processes of five influential contemporary artists. For Roni Horn, Esther Klas, Joelle Tuerlinckx, Richard Tuttle, and Jorinde Voigt drawing is an essential medium in their multimedia and object-based work. Drawing affirms these artists' tactile engagement with the world and serves as a means for aesthetic experimentation and inquiry. In these artists' hands and through their bodies, the traditional practice of drawing is transformed into an exploration of time and space t necessarily bound to the page or the wall, manifest in film, sculpture, and painting. Following an introduction that traces the art historical precedents of drawing's key role in 20th-century artistic practice, ted scholars of contemporary art provide essays that explore the individual work of each artist and the vital place drawing maintains within it. Their diverse and compelling works of art are featured in 60 color illustrations.
- Author BiographyJennifer R. Gross is chief curator and deputy director for curatorial affairs at deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Lincoln, MA.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note60 color illus.
- Weight598 g
- Width215 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJennifer R. Gross
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.