All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a complete, comprehensive drawing reference for design students and professionals alike who want to implement drawing as a professional tool. In Drawing for Graphic Design, Timothy Samara empowers readers to add drawing to their design vocabulary, featuring case studies of commercial projects from start to finish along with a showcase of realworld projects that integrate drawing as an intrinsic part of their visual communication. Filled with original author drawings and sketches, it's a must-have reference that will benefit designers of all levels.
- Author BiographyTimothy Samara is a graphic designer based in New York City, where he divides his time between teaching, writing, lecturing, and freelance consulting through STIM Visual Communication. His 18-year career in branding and information design has explored projects in print, packaging, environments, user interface design, and animation. He has been a senior art director at Ruder Finn, New York's largest public relations firm, and senior art director at Pettistudio, a small multidisciplinary design firm. Before relocating to Manhattan, he was principal of Physiologic in Syracuse, located in upstate New York. In 1990, he graduated a Trustee Scholar from the Graphic Design program at the University of the Arts, Philadelphia. Mr. Samara is a faculty member at New York's School of Visual Arts, New York University, Purchase College/SUNY, and The New School, and has published six books on design and typography, all through Rockport Publishers: Making and Breaking the Grid; Typography Workbook; Publication Design Workbook; Type Style Finder; Design Elements; and, most recently, Design Evolution, released in January 2008. Mr. Samara and his partner live in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Timothy Samara
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note500 colour illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.