All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the author's own workshops, this title helps new artists create competent, eloquent drawings. A series of progressive lessons demonstrates such essential skills as recording edges, creating dimensions, adding accuracy, developing value, compositional balancing elements, and drawing the human face, both frontal and profile views. Step by step readers learn how to create a reasonable likeness of an object and give it spatial depth using simple black-and-white mediums such as pens, pencils, charcoal and graphite wash. Examples and tips for success from beginning students who have worked on the same material confirm readers' successes and allow them to consider the advice and impressions of others at the same level.
- Author BiographyClaire Watson Garcia is a faculty member at Silvermine School of Art in New Canaan, CT. Her -Absolute and Utter Beginner- courses and workshops geared toward beginning artists have been popular for 20 years. She lives in Ridgefield, CT.
- Author(s)Claire Watson Garcia
- PublisherWatson-Guptill Publications
- Date of Publication28/02/2000
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWatson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note250 b&w illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.