Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.90
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.76
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $29.96Trending at AU $31.37
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $14.00
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $38.71
- AU $17.52Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionBrilliant archaeologist Page Brookstone is convinced bones speak, yet ne of the ancient remnants she has unearthed during her twelve years of toiling at Israel's storied battlegrounds of Megiddo has delivered the life-altering message she so craves. Which is why the story of Ibrahim and Aisha Barakat, a young Arab couple who implore Page to excavate the grounds beneath their house in Anatot, instantly intrigues her. The Barakats claim the ghosts of two lovers haunt their home, overwhelming everyone who enters with love and desire. Igring the scorn of her peers, Page investigates the site, where she is seduced by an undeniable force. Once Ibrahim presents Page with hard evidence of a cistern beneath his living room, she has choice but to uncover the secret of the spirits. It is t long before Page makes miraculous discoveries-the bones of the deeply troubled prophet Jeremiah locked in an eternal embrace with a mysterious woman named Anatiya. Buried with the entwined skeletons is a collection of Anatiya's scrolls, whose mystical words challenge centuries-old interpretations of the prophet's story and create a worldwide fervor that threatens to silence the truth about the lovers forever. Caught in a forbidden romance of her own, and under constant siege from religious zealots and ruthless critics, Page risks her life and professional reputation to deliver Anatiya's passionate message to the world. In doing so, she discovers that to preserve her future in the land of the living, she must shake off the dust of the dead and let go of her own painful past. As poignant and thought-provoking as the beloved bestsellers The Red Tent and People of the Book, Zoe Klein's historically rich debut vel is a lyrical and unexpected journey that will stay with listeners forever.
- Author BiographyZoe Klein, the senior rabbi of a large congregation, has written for Harper's Bazaar, Glamour, and Tikkun, as well as for a number of collections, including The Women's Torah Commentary. Justine Eyre is a classically trained actress who has narrated over two hundred audiobooks. With a prestigious Audie Award and four AudioFile Earphones Awards under her belt, Justine is multilingual and is known for her great facility with accents. Her recent television credits include Two and a Half Men and Mad Men.
- Author(s)Zoe Klein
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication03/08/2009
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Justine Eyre
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time840
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.