All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>A fully revised and updated edition of the essential companion to Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain--over half of the exercises are new!</b>Millions of people around the world have learned to draw using the methods outlined in Dr. Betty Edwards's groundbreaking <i>Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain</i>. In this workbook, the essential companion to her international bestseller, Edwards offers readers the key to truly mastering the art of drawing: guided practice in the five foundational skills of drawing. Each of the forty carefully constructed exercises in this updated second edition is accompanied by brief instruction, sample drawings, ready made formats and blank pages on which to draw, and helpful post-exercise pointers. You will explore wide-ranging subject matter--still life, landscape, imaginative drawing, portraits, and the figure--and gain experience with various mediums, such as pen and ink, charcoal, and Conte crayon. Learning to draw is very much like mastering a sport or a musical instrument: once you understand the basic skills, you must practice, practice, practice. This brilliantly designed and practical workbook from a world-rewned art teacher offers the perfect opportunity to improve your skills and expand your repertoire.
- Author Biography<b>Betty Edwards</b> speaks regularly at universities, art schools, and companies. Now retired from her position as professor emeritus of art at California State University in Long Beach, Edwards received her doctorate from UCLA in art, education, and the psychology of perception. Dr. Edwards has been profiled on the <i>Today</i> show and in <i>Time</i>, among other magazines and newspapers. She lives in California.
- Author(s)Betty Edwards
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width229 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Most relevant reviews
- ryanmarg18 May, 2017by
Excellent teaching tool for anyone who wants to develop or improve their drawing skills.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.