CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary American theatre re-creates and invokes classical theatre so as to generate interaction between the two theatres. Using selected works of fourteen playwrights, this book organizes the interaction into three sections: works dramatizing change and reconciliation, works dramatizing the inability or the unwillingness to change and reconcile, and works emphasizing various selves (personal, theatrical, national). By drawing on the past, the fourteen playwrights refine their art in the contemporary American theatre and their vision of contemporary American life.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Robert J. Andreach received his Ph.D. in English from New York University. A former professor, he is the author of Studies in Structure, The Slain and Resurrected God, and Creating the Self in the Contemporary American Theatre (2000 Choice Outstanding Academic Title) and numerous articles in scholarly journals. He has also reviewed theatre for New Jersey newspapers.
- Author(s)Robert J. Andreach
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleArtists & Issues in the Theatre
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.