All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection presents a wealth of previously unpublished material from sketchbooks and diaries, along with memoirs from Lord himself. It is an essential chapter in the history of twentieth century illustration and offers an insight into the life and working practices of a master draughtsman. A must for any illustration fan.
- Author BiographyJohn Vernon Lord was born in Derbyshire before attending Salford School of Art and the Central School of Arts and Crafts in London. Since then he has become a beloved artist, known for his work with the band Deep Purple, his contributions to Punch and The Radio Times and for his book The Giant Jam Sandwich, which has been in print for over 40 years. Much of Lord's later art has been influenced by nonsense poetry, particularly the work of Edward Lear. Lord remains one of Britain's master illustrators.
- Author(s)John Vernon Lord
- PublisherNobrow Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNobrow Ltd
- Content NoteFully illustrated throughout in full colours
- Weight975 g
- Width185 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.