All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionFrom award-winning literary author Thomas King (aka Hartley GoodWeather) comes a stylish mystery debut featuring ex-California cop Thumps DreadfulWater, a smart and savvy Cherokee Indian whose witty exterior belies a clever, stubborn sleuth. With his cop life officially behind him, Thumps w makes his living as a fine-arts photographer in Chiok -- a western town snuggled up against a reservation that's struggling for ecomic independence via investment in a glitzy new resort and casi complex called Buffalo Mountain. It's a slow-paced, good life for Thumps and his eccentric cat, Freeway. Most of the time. But when a dead body turns up in one of the just-completed luxury condos, things change fast -- and t for the better. Photographing corpses is t part of Thumps's master plan. He can't help getting involved, especially when he realizes that the number one suspect is Stanley Stick Merchant, anticondo protestor and wayward son of Claire Merchant, head of the tribal council and Thumps's onetime love. If it affects Claire, it affects Thumps. It seems that Stick disappeared just about the time of the murder. Coincidence? Or just bad timing? Thumps kws that the police often shoot smart-ass teenagers first and ask questions later. He doesn't want that to happen to Stick. But can Thumps find Stick in time? And can Thumps find a killer before a killer finds Thumps? DreadfulWater Shows Up marks the arrival of a detective with a difference. With energy and verve and a very special voice, Thomas King and Hartley GoodWeather create an engaging and original page-turner that zings with memorable characters and biting social commentary.
- Author BiographyHartley GoodWeather is the pseudonym for Thomas King, the award-winning author of literary novels that include Truth and Bright Water; Green Grass, Running Water; and Medicine River. Born to a Cherokee father and a Greek mother and raised in Roseville, California, he holds a Ph.D. in English and American Studies from the University of Utah and has worked in Native Studies programs in Utah, California, Minnesota, and Canada. He now lives in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, where he teaches Native literature and creative writing at the University of Guelph. Thomas King is at work on a new Thumps DreadfulWater novel.
- Author(s)Hartley GoodWeather
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.