All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Barry Schiff's flying career he has more than 26,000 hours in almost 300 types of aircraft, and has received worldwide recognition for his wide-ranging accomplishments. A rated Airline Transport Pilot at 21, he has earned every FAA category and class rating (except airship) and nearly every instructor's rating. During his 34-year career with Trans World Airlines (TWA) he flew everything from the Lockheed Constellation to the Boeing 747 and was a check captain on the Boeing 767. His experience and passion for aircraft has made him one of the most sought-after aviation journalists in the world. This book documents his experience flying the aircraft pilot enthusiasts dream of flying, supported with beautiful and rare photography of these exciting birds.
- Author BiographyBarry Schiff is a retired Trans World Airlines pilot who has earned every Federal Aviation Administration category, class, and instructor rating. He holds five world speed records and has received numerous honors for contributing to aviation safety, including a Congressional Commendation, the Louis Bleriot Air Medal, and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association's L. P. Sharples Perpetual Award. An award-winning journalist, he has published more than 1,300 articles on aviation and is a contributing editor to AOPA Pilot. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Barry Schiff
- PublisherAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, tables
- Weight657 g
- Width184 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.