Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionHere are nine haunting stories from the award-winning author of Remembering Babylon, in which history and geography, as well as the past and the present, combine and often collide, illuminating the landscape and revealing the character of Australia. An eleven-year-old boy sees his father in his own elongated shadow only to realize that he will t return from the war. In a parting moment, a young woman hired to marry vacationing soldiers, grasps the weight of the word woe. When a failing farmer senselessly murders a wandering aborigine, he imperils his son but discovers in the spring of sympathy that follows the power to influence others. Wise and moving, startling and lyrical, Dream Stuff reverberates with the unpredictability of human experience, revealing people who are shaped by the mysterious rhythms of nature as well as the ghosts of their own pasts.
- Author BiographyDavid Malouf is the author of ten novels and six volumes of poetry. His novel The Great World was awarded both the prestigious Commonwealth Prize and the Prix Femina Estranger. Remembering Babylon was short-listed for the Booker Prize. He lives in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)David Malouf
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication11/12/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Weight240 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.