All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mysterious allure of the ancient floating city of Venice is captured in this book of evocative photography and beguiling words of a diverse group of contemporary Venetophiles. The lumius photographs, in both color and black and white, compliment the intimate thoughts, memories, poems, and stories of table contributors from the worlds of art, literature, design, cuisine, music, and filmmaking. Readers will want to listen to the silence of the canals and get lost in the ethereal mist of Piazza San Marco. Included are anecdotes and Venetian recollections from Woody Allen, Julie Christie, Diane Hales, Marcella Hazan, Erica Jong, Judith Martin, Linus Roache, Roger Crowley, and Nicolas Roeg.
- Author BiographyJoAnn Locktov is the founder of Bella Figura Communications, a public relations agency that specializes in design and architecture. She is the author of two books on contemporary mosaics and writes articles on Venetian artisans and exhibitions. Bella Figura Publications is her new imprint dedicated to publishing books on Venice. Dream of Venice is the first book in the series, the next will focus on architecture in Venice. Her two prior books are the Art of Mosaic Design and Mosaic Art and Style, both published by Rockport.
- PublisherBella Figura Publications
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBella Figura Publications
- Content Note39 colour photos
- Weight566 g
- Width215 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJoAnn Locktov
- Photographs byChristopher A.D. Charles
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.