All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis generous volume of new and selected poems by Christopher Howell encompasses three decades of his distinguished work, drawing upon all of his previous books. Dreamless and Possible chronicles his wide range of interests, expressed by blending elements of the surreal with biography, imagist ecomy with a storyteller's informality. It also shows the development of his signature style, reflected, as poet Albert Goldbarth has written, in poems connected by deep thought worn lightly, and by large vision writ in small details. These are poems of palpable force. Howell thinks out loud as he works his way through what charms, challenges, and defines the human project. He questions, tests images and associations, and leaps, trusting himself, into midair. In consequence, the cerebral energy propels his poems beyond statement and into startlingly evocative modes, grappling with and sifting profound matters of memory, imagination, and grief, tempered always by joy.
- Author BiographyChristopher Howell is professor of English and creative writing at Eastern Washington University.
- Author(s)Christopher Howell
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePacific Northwest Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.