All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young man arrives in Hollywood from Scotland looking to scale the heights as a screenwriter. He embarks on a series of adventures and misadventures as he encounters a succession of the weird, wonderful and downright wacky. To get by he works as an extra on sitcoms like Friends and Frasier, dramas such as ER and CSI, and some big budget movies. He then finds himself being selected to work as Ben Affleck's double. In between times he attends celebrity parties, functions and works in some of Hollywood's most exclusive bars and nightclubs. Our narrator joins the antiwar movement after 9/11 and commits himself with his new found comrades to halting Bush's drive to war in Iraq. He throws himself into organising demos, meetings and campaigning to stop the war. Soon he's leading a double life - by day working on a big budget movie as a double for one of Hollywood's biggest stars; by night engrossed in radical politics.
- Author BiographyJohn Wight writes fiction and non fiction. Most of his non fiction can be found at the Huffington Post and Socialist Unity, where he blogs on everything from domestic and international politics to culture and sport. He also writes regularly for the Morning Star.
- Author(s)John Wight
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Weight249 g
- Width141 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.