Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWith the advent of ukiyo-e woodblock prints, art became accessible to Japan's burgeoning merchant classes. Though a uniquely Japanese art form, the prints reveal interests in celebrity, fashion, entertainment, and travel that have a universal human appeal, regardless of time or place. Dreams and Diversions celebrates Japanese woodblock prints with a collection of ten original essays by an international team of scholars. They draw attention to the unique and longstanding relationship between the port city of San Diego, its collectors, and the nation of Japan. The essays t only advance the field of art history with new research and discussions of rare prints but also tell engaging stories for all readers interested in Japanese art and culture from the 17th to the early 20th centuries. The contributors to Dreams and Diversions include Michael S. Iue, Hiroko Johnson, Andreas Marks, Junichi Okubo, and Sonya Rhie Quintanilla.
- PublisherSan Diego Museum of Art
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSan Diego, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSan Diego Museum of Art
- Content Note180 color illus.
- Weight1293 g
- Width254 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndreas Marks,Sonya Rhie Quintanilla
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.