All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDreams and Nightmares takes a critical look at the challenges and dilemmas of immigration policy and practice in the absence of comprehensive immigration reform. The experiences of children and youth provide a prism through which the interwoven dynamics and consequences of immigration policy become apparent. Using a unique sociolegal perspective, authors Zatz and Rodriguez examine the mechanisms by which immigration policies and practices mitigate or exacerbate harm to vulnerable youth. They pay particular attention to prosecutorial discretion, assessing its potential and limitations for resolving issues involving parental detention and deportation, unaccompanied mirs, and Dreamers who came to the United States as young children. The book demonstrates how these policies and practices offer a means of prioritizing immigration enforcement in ways that alleviate harm to children, and why they remain controversial and vulnerable to political challenges.
- Author BiographyMarjorie S. Zatz is Vice Provost and Graduate Dean and Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Merced. Nancy Rodriguez is Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Arizona State University.
- Author(s)Marjorie S. Zatz,Nancy Rodriguez
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 Table
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.42Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.44Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.