All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last quarter-century, Palestinian cinema has emerged as a major artistic force on the global scene. Deeply rooted in the historic struggles for national self-determination, this cinema is the single most important artistic expression of a much-maligned people. Despite the extraordinary social and artistic significance of Palestinian film, there is single volume in which its political and aesthetic aspects are carefully examined. Dreams of a Nation , a collection of essays and interviews in which filmmakers, critics and scholars reflect on its production and impact, is the most comprehensive book on Palestinian cinema in any language.
- Author BiographyHamid Dabashi is Professor of Comparative Study of Culture and Iranian Studies at Columbia University. His books include Close Up: Iranian Cinema: Past, Present and Future (also from Verso); and Theology of Discontent: The Ideological Foundatation of the Islamic Revolution in Iran.
- Author(s)Hamid Dabashi
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Note24 b/w photos
- Weight503 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.