All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs we grow older, how do we kw what to let go of and what to keep? Lorelei started collecting dresses in her twenties and found that every time she wore one it became more significant to her. From falling in love for the first time to playing in a band, from starting a career to moving overseas, every dress soon had a memory stitched into it, and she became as attached to each one as if they were the events and people themselves. But what happens when the wardrobe gets full? Should you let go of the dresses you've outgrown, or try to hold on to them forever? Dress, Memory is about a decade in dresses. Perceptive and poignant, humorous and heartwarming, it's the story of growing up and growing into yourself. It's about trying things on until you find the perfect fit.
- Author BiographyLorelei Vashti is a Melbourne-based writer and editor. She is a contributor to the popular 'Women of Letters' series, has written for and been profiled in many magazines, and used to write a television column for the Fairfax press. Her blog is called 'Dress, Memory'.
- Author(s)Lorelei Vashti
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Note1 x 12pp colour photos
- Weight400 g
- Width138 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.