All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe speed and brutality of apredatory attack can shock even an experienced martial artist. The suddenchaos, the cascade of stress hormones-you feel as though time slows down. Inreality, the assault is over in an instant. How does anyone prepare for that? As a former correctionssergeant and tactical team leader, Rory Miller is a proven survivor. Heinstructs police and corrections professionals who, in many cases, receive onlyeight hours of defensive tactics training each year. They need techniques thatwork and they need unflinching courage. In Drills: Training for Sudden Violence Miller gives you the toolsto prepare and prevail, both physically and psychologically. He shares hard-wonlessons from a world most of us hope we never experience. * Train in fundamentals,combat drills, and dynamic fighting.* Developsituational awareness.* Conditionyourself through stress iculation.* Take a criticallook at your training habits. You don't get to pick wherefights go, Miller writes. That's why he has created a series of drills to trainyou for the worst of it. You will defend yourself on your feet, on the ground, againstweapons, in a crowd, and while blindfolded. You will reevaluate your trainingscenarios-keeping what works, discarding what does t, and improving yourchances of survival. Miller's internal work, world work, and plastic mind exercises will challenge you in ways that merephysical training does t. Sections include * Stalking* Escape andevasion* The predatormind* Personal threatassessmentThis is a fight for yourlife, and it won't happen on a nice soft mat. It will get, as Miller says, allkinds of messy. Drills: Training for Sudden Violence prepares you for that mess.
- Author BiographyRory Miller is theaward-winning author of Meditationson Violence, FacingViolence, ForceDecisions, and ConflictCommunication. He is the coauthor, with Lawrence Kane, of Scaling Force. A former correctionssergeant, tactical team leader, and contractor in Iraq, he now lives quietly onhis acreage in the Pacific Northwest, writing and teaching seminarsinternationally.
- Author(s)Rory Miller
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRolindale, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note20 black & white halftones
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byWim Demeere
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.