Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn DRINKING IN AMERICA, best-selling author and historian Susan Cheever chronicles the many stages to our national love affair with booze, taking a long, thoughtful look at the way alcohol has permeated and affected our nation's history from the drunkenness of George Washington to the current effect of alcohol abuse American health care. Drinking is a cherished American custom--a way to celebrate and a way to grieve and a way to take the edge off. But where is the line between a good time and a whirlwind of destruction, between a few glasses of wine and the kind of alcoholism that leads to violence of the body and of the soul. Both a lively history and unflinching cultural investigation, DRINKING IN AMERICA unveils our torrid affair with alcohol, asking: When are we going to wake up and smell the whiskey?
- Author BiographySusan Cheever is the author of E.E. Cummings, American Bloomsbury, which was on the Boston Globe bestseller list for three months, along with five novels and four memoirs. Her work has appeared in The New Yorker and the New York Times, among other magazines and anthologies, has been nominated for a National Book Circle Award, and won the Boston GlobeWinship medal. She attended Brown and has taught at Yale, Brown, Columbia, Bennington and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Susan Cheever
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.