Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionDespite what the doomsayers have been predicting for years, classical music is t dead. In fact, the next generation of young musicians is passionate, focused and driven to change the world through their music, and change how the world sees classical music. From the slums of Ukraine to the halls of Manhattan's elite Juilliard School, <i>Driven</i> tells the stories of six incredible young musicians creating a life in music in the modern world. All made their national broadcast debut on the NPR/PBS program <i>From the Top</i>. Praise for Driven: Nick Romeo is a skilled writer who immediately captures your imagination and interest. Each of the musician profiles provide the reader with access into the world of aspiring classical musicians. And, at the conclusion of each chapter, I found myself wanting to kw more about these young musicians. Driven should be required reading for all undergraduate music students. -Toni-Marie Montgomery, Dean; Henry and Leigh Bienen School of Music, Northwestern University Driven is an engaging and informative read. For anyone convinced that classical music is dead, this book is refreshing proof to the contrary. -Glenn Dicterow, Concertmaster, New York Philharmonic and Violin Faculty, The Juilliard School Driven reveals a new artistic sensibility by some of today's leading young artists. These talented performers boldly engage their audiences with all musics, styles, and settings. Ecomic barriers are removed, new media are employed, and the concert experience is truly shared between artist and listener. Nick Romeo t only chronicles the new face of classical music but also a new heard as well! -Robert Blocker, The Henry and Lucy Moses Dean of Music, Yale University Driven is ultimately about the future of inventiveness, ambition, imagination, dedication and responsibility among those considered part of a slacker generation. No one can read these chapters without being uplifted, and anyone who's plagued by rejection and reads about these young people will be inspired to keep trying. -Phil Jackson, Florida Weekly
- Author BiographyNick Romeo has written program notes and profiles for Carnegie Hall. His journalism regularly appears in magazines around the country. He lives in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Nick Romeo
- PublisherFrom the Top, Inc.
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFrom the Top, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.