Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionDriving for Distinction, is about life on the streets. It is about your average neighborhood delivery driver. I have had a Forest Gump like driving career, things good and bad seem to always happen to me. My book gives you first hand accounts of rmal deliveries that take unusual twists. The book is written in third person, so that everyone can feel apart of my journey. Everyone has their favorite delivery driver and favorite story. My intent is to take you to that time when the story happened and feel all the emotions I felt. What is unique, about my stories, is that thing is scripted. I am on the streets being Daniel, laid back, loving life, loving Jesus, loving people. Pretty rmal right, than something happens un-expectantly. I have just learned to embrace the situation, handle it the best way possible and move on with my day. I never dreamed my driving career would take on a life of its own. Some drivers secure a service area and deliver in the same neighborhoods for 25 years. Not Daniel, I have delivered to different neighborhoods, involving every culture, race, and social ecomic status. I currently deliver to residences valued anywhere from $500,000 to 4 million dollars, and I have delivered to mobile home trailer parks where an old barely insulated camper was called home. That is why this book takes a look at such a broad range of twists and turns. Besides being written out in third person, the book takes on emotional rides from fun, sad, happy, inspirational, to yes, I want to make a difference. The book is intended to be an easy read to encourage and inspire everyone. While there are many references to the company I work for, the book is more about all the wonderful people I have met and interacted with over the years. Driving for Distinction is about stopping what I am doing, and seeing if I can make a difference in someone's life. Everyday I pray for the Lord to send me to someone who needs a smile or an encouraging word. That is what my life is about, that is what Driving for Distinction is about.
- Author BiographyDaniel P. Miller is a twenty-three year service veteran of one of the largest and most distinguished shipping companies in the world. Everyday Daniel applies his psychology degree to resolve simple and complex human drama. His smile and sense of humor are very engaging. He is an average Joe who carries his lunch bucket and water cooler to work everyday. He loves Jesus and he loves people. He is a father of three adult children and husband of twenty-eight years. He resides in St. Paul, Minnesota with his wife.
- Author(s)D P Miller
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.