Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the life story of Jack Dees. Jack joined the Dutch artillery just months before the German invasion of Holland. He was a driver and saw front line action during the blitzkrieg. After being shot in the face, he was presumed dead but was rescued and spent months in recovery. Living under occupation, he married and began to serve with the Dutch underground. Acting as a Nazi sympathizer, Jack served as a driver for the Nazi leaders in Middleburgh. After being discovered as a member of the Dutch underground, Jack was forced to flee into hiding while his wife and infant daughter were sent to a concentration camp. He continued to spy for the allies, and provided valuable intel to the Canadian forces in Zeeland. After the village of Biervliet was liberated, Jack re-enlisted with the Allies. He was part of the force to free the rest of Holland, fought in the battle of the bulge, and into Germany until V.E. day. After the war, their young family settled down to be part of the rebuilding effort in Terneuzen. Before long the family immigrated to Canada and settled in Southwestern Ontario. Jack suffered from many of his experiences during the war, and so did his growing family. Suffering with personal memories, regrets and mental issues, Jack's wife and children had a tense life. It wasn't until much later in his life that Jack experienced true freedom and forgiveness. He ended up being a loving caregiver for his patient and faithful wife, Audrey, w suffering with Alzheimer's. In Jack's final days he did experience the love of his children and earned their respect.
- Author BiographyDarin Dees is the grandson of Jack and Audrey Dees. He wrote this biography after many personal meetings and interviews with his grandfather. Darin has been a minister for more than 24 years. He and his family have lived more than 16 years in the same home owned by Jack and Audrey for over 30 years. This biography began so that the stories of the war and the scars it left behind would not be lost to history.
- Author(s)MR Darin M Dees
- Date of Publication22/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.