All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.66Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the seventies, at the height of flower power. Star has just joined Drop City, a hippie commune in sunny California living the simple, natural life. But underneath the drugs, music and transcendent bliss, she slowly discovers tensions and sexual rivalries that threaten to split the community apart. A world away in Boynton, a tiny town in the interior of Alaska, Sess Harder, a pioneer who actually does live off the land, hunting, trapping and fishing, yearns for someone to share the harsh winters with him. When the authorities threaten to close down Drop City, the hippies abandon camp and head up rth to Alaska, the last frontier. But neither they r the inhabitants of Boynton are completely prepared for each other - and as the two communities collide, unexpected friendships and dangerous enmities are born.
- Author BiographyT.C. Boyle's novels include WORLD'S END winner of the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction, THE TORTILLA CURTAIN, RIVEN ROCK,WATER MUSIC and FRIEND OF THE EARTH. His stories appear regularly in most major magazines, including The New Yorker, Esquire, Playboy, Granta and The Paris Review. He lives in California.
- Author(s)T. C Boyle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight365 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.