Drop the Pink Elephant: 15 Ways to Say What You Mean... and Mean What You Say by Bill McFarlan (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.49Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs GMTV anchor, I interview hundreds of people every year. However well they interview, every single person would find it easier to explain their case by following these simple principles. EAMONN HOLMES, GMTV Presenter [Drop the Pink Elephant]...tackle[s] every aspect of personal communication in a crisp, entertaining style. THE PLAIN ENGLISH SOCIETY There can be whitewash at the White House. (Richard Nixon). These nine words turned the American nation against their President. Why? Because people hadn't linked the White House with a cover up until Nixon himself made the connection. His own denial created the story. It is perhaps the most famous Pink Elephant in history. But what exactly is a 'Pink Elephant'? Pink Elephants are the unnecessary negatives that clutter your conversation and meaning, sending out the wrong signals to anyone you communicate with. In Drop the Pink Elephant, Bill McFarlan reveals how to avoid the deadly trap of allowing poor communication skills to obscure your meaning and reduce your effectiveness. Drop the Pink Elephant is filled with helpful, simple and practical advice on how to make your words count for more. Put these straightforward lessons into practice and you will tice immediately how much more effectively you are able to communicate with others. Sharpen your conversation by: FIRST SPOTTING, THEN DROPPING THE PINK ELEPHANT GETTING RID OF THE JARGON LEARNING TO SPEAK IN PICTURES RECOGNISING WHEN YOU SHOULD APOLOGISE OR THANK PEOPLE CAPTIVATING AN AUDIENCE N.B. No animals were hurt in the making of this book. (Can you spot your first Pink Elephant?)
- Author BiographyBill McFarlan is a journalist, broadcaster and Managing Director of one of Britain's leading media consultancies. He established The Broadcasting Business in 1989 to help individuals and businesses get their message to the world in a brighter, more positive vivid manner. Since then, he's conducted more than a thousand media training and presentation skills courses in Britain, France, Spain, the USA, the Caribbean and African. He's a regular speaker at conferences and passionate advocate of confidence-building techniques. In Tandem with his business life is a broadcasting career that began in radio in 1980 and took him through news presentation at Scottish Television to ten years with the BBC, anchoring Breakfast News Reporting Scotland, Sportscence and World's Strongest Man. He's fronted sports programmes on three satellite channels and is a regular contributors to news and current affairs programmes. Bill lives in Glasgow with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Bill McFarlan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2004
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCapstone Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byEamonn Holmes
- Edition StatementMass market ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.