All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionDrug delivery systems represent a vast area of research and development within biomaterials and medicine and the demand for sophisticated drug delivery devices continues to drive vel product development. Advanced drug delivery devices can offer significant advantages over conventional drugs and devices alone, such as increased efficiency, improved performance and convenience. The purpose of this book is to illustrate how effective drug delivery can be achieved by means other than tablets. The book will provide a thorough analysis of the fundamentals, applications and new techlogies of drug-device combination products for use throughout the human body. Part one provides readers with an introduction and background to the field. Chapters in Part two discuss areas of application such as catheter based products, drug eluting stents and beads and anti-biotic loaded cements. Part three covers the development of drug device combination products with chapters on such topics as pre-clinical testing, sterilisation, patent issues and regulation of drug device combination products. With its distinguished editor and team of international contributors, Drug-device combination products: delivery techlogies and applications is an invaluable reference for product development specialists, materials scientists and engineers in the biomedical industry and academia as well as those concerned with drug delivery.
- Author BiographyAndrew Lewis is Research & Technology Director for Biocompatibles UK Ltd and Visiting Professor of Biomaterials & Drug Delivery at the University of Brighton.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight970 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byAndrew Lewis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.