All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionBrazilian music is well kwn around the world for its emotional depth and catchy rhythms. For drummers, it presents an incredible opportunity to incorporate a wide variety of beats in an exciting, dynamic context. Drum Atlas: Brazil teaches you basic Brazilian beats and ways to create variety through sticking patterns, the placement of accents, and the use of brushes. You'll learn about the percussion instruments of Brazil, how to perform alongside them, and even how to emulate them when you are the sole drummer. <br>This book also touches on the importance of drumming in Brazilian culture, including celebrations such as Carnival, and the various cultural influences that made Brazilian drumming possible. You'll understand how Brazilian rhythm has spread throughout the world, influencing contemporary styles like jazz and pop. Drum Atlas: Brazil will widen your musical scope by introducing you to a new, exciting style of music---helping you become a better, more well-rounded drummer with the included CD, which demonstrates all the examples and compositions featured in the book, performed with a full Brazilian-style band.
- Author(s)Alfred Publishing,Pete Sweeney
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDrum Atlas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Weight204 g
- Width221 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.