All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated in 2012 this Third Edition of the highly acclaimed book Drum Tuning is an in-depth guide to tuning drums. It is written in an easy-to-read basic format that can benefit every drummer from beginner to pro. Endorsed by many pros, including Mitch Mitchell (drummer with Jimi Hendrix Experience), Kenny Aroff, Carmine Appice and Hal Blaine. Drummers of all ages and levels can benefit by reading this book. The First Edition was written in 1988 and was a breakthrough for the drumming community since there was thing like it at the time. Since then many people have used this information to help them understand how to get the sound they want from their own drums. Just as guitar and bass players need to learn how to tune their instruments, drummers should also learn how to tune their drums. And t just tune them, but they should learn how to get the sound they want out of them. That's what this book is all about.
- Author BiographyLarry Nolly has been one of the most respected leaders of tuning and caring for drums since the 1980's. A professional musician since the early 1960's, he has worked locally, nationally and internationally playing most styles of music. His gigs have had many varied venues including bars, theaters and nightclub shows, television, and recording studios. Larry has also been involved in music stores, having owned and managed a few of the most prestigious stores of their time. That's where his real expertise came to be known. In the October 1989 issue of Modern Drummer Larry's article titled Taking The Mystery Out Of Tuning was considered a breakthrough for many drummers struggling with tuning their drums. Now semi-retired, Larry no is longer involved with any music stores. But does continue to take on special project repairs of drums, and continues to be occasionally involved with tuning clinics, recording sessions, and playing gigs.
- Author(s)Larry Nolly
- PublisherDrumstix Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDrumstix Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Revised byLarry Nolly
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.