All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionIn a wintry little town, a drummer boy appears on a child's doorstep. And when it is still and quiet, the drummer boy plays, <i>boom pum pum boom pum, </i> and warms the child's heart. But one day the drummer boy is accidentally kcked into the trash, sending him on a journey he never imagined?a journey on which he continues to play his drum, warming the hearts of others, from a rat to an owl to a swman. And in a touching conclusion, his own heart is warmed as he plays to his most perfect audience: the baby in a manger. Loren Long brings this story of an unforgettable little drummer boy to vivid life with his timeless and magical art.
- Author BiographyLoren Long grew up in Lexington, Kentucky. He pursued graduate-level studies at the American Academy of Art in Chicago after graduating with a BA in Graphic Design/Art Studio from the University of Kentucky. After graduation Long worked as an illustrator for a greeting card company in Cincinnati before beginning his career as a freelance illustrator.Since then, Long has received numerous accolades for his fluid WPA painting style. He has been awarded two gold medals from the Society of Illustrators in New York, and has been frequently selected for their annual exhibition and book. His work has also appeared in many other major annual exhibitions such as American Illustration, Communication Arts, Step By Step Graphics and Print.</p> Long s clients include <i>Time Magazine, </i><i>Reader s Digest, </i><i>Forbes, </i><i>The Wall Street Journal, </i><i>Atlantic Monthly, </i><i>Boy s Life, </i><i>Land s End, </i><i>Sports Illustrated</i> and <i>HBO.</i> He has also illustrated book covers for numerous publishers and has recently concentrated on illustrating books for young readers where his work has garnered much recognition and praise.</p>Recent awards/accolades: </p>2002</p> The United Nations chose to hang in their lobby Long s painting of a firefighter in action, along with 21 other selections from the Prevailing Human Spirit Show at the Society of Illustrators.</p>2003</p>Recipient of the <i>Golden Kite Award</i> for picture book illustration, presented by the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators for <i>I Dream of Trains.</i> The book was also selected as one of the New York Public Library s 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing, 2003.</p>2004</p> Winner of the <i>Parents' Choice Gold Award.</i></p>Illustrates <i>New York Times</i> #1 best-seller, <i>Mr. Peabody s Apples</i></p>To learn more about Loren Long and his books, go to www.lorenlong.com</p>
- Author(s)Loren Long
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication17/11/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintPhilomel Books,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width295 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Loren Long
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.