All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionMore and more popular musical artists today use odd time signatures to give their music a unique sound. This practice goes back to the 1960s, with Dave Brubeck and The Beatles, and continued with artists like King Crimson, Rush, Sting, Metallica, Tool, and Radiohead. To many musicians, these meters are complex and mysterious. However, thing could be farther from the truth. Odd time signatures should be easy to understand, as they are simply meters with an odd number of beats to the bar. The Drummer's Guide to Odd Time Signatures will help you understand how to hear and feel these meters and to use them in a variety of musical situations and genres. Take your drumming to the next level, and master the art of playing in odd time signatures! A CD demonstrating the musical examples in the book is included. Rick Landwehr's Drummer's Guide to Odd Time takes the drum set player on a step by step journey into the world of odd times. Beginning with a simple waltz and advancing to 11/4 time signatures. Every example is clear and concise, providing insight and logic, simplifying complex meter concepts. The fun Afro-Cuban, Brazilian and Jazz examples will broaden any player's bag of tricks. I welcome this book to my library, and look forward to using it with my students. - Casey Scheuerell, Berklee College of Music, Jean-Luc Ponty, Gi Vannelli, Chaka Khan Way to go, Rick! An excellent, clear and concise pathway to develop understanding and control of odd time signature grooves. - Skip Hadden: Berklee College of Music, Weather Report, Author of World Fusion Drumming (Alfred)
- Author(s)Rick Landwehr
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDrummer's Guide
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width226 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-Audio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.