All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionGet down with rock, R&B, jazz, blues, funk, and Latin rhythms! Groove to the beat in time with this ultimate rockin' guide! Whether you're dreaming of starting a band, striking the snares, or simply playing a hand drum, this interactive book-and-CD package makes it easy to pick up the basics. Complete with new information on contemporary rock styles and beats as well as rhythms from around the world, this guide is all you need to become a talented, versatile drummer. Discover how to * Bang out basic rhythms --with or without sticks * Understand fundamental drumming techniques * Explore other percussion instruments * Find the perfect drum set * Purchase, tune, and maintain your drums All this on the CD-ROM * MP3 files of each rhythm and beat that you can play along with * Rhythms for hand drums -- from the bongos and congas to the surdo, tar, and udu * Solos to amaze the other members in the band Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file.
- Author BiographyJeff Strong graduated from the Percussion Institute of Technology at the Musician's Institute in Los Angeles in 1983, where he studied with Joe Porcaro, Ralph Humphrey, Efrain Toro, and Alex Acuna. A drummer for more than 35 years, Jeff began his professional career at the age of 14. His professional experience ranges from live performance to studio drumming to music research. Jeff has performed or recorded with artists as diverse as '60's crooner Gene Pitney, R&B singer Cynthia Johnson (Lipps, Inc.), the countryrock Daisy Dillman Band, and the reggae band Macumba, to name a few. He has released a dozen solo CDs, including Calming Rhythms 3 - a therapeutic tool currently used by thousands of institutions and schools worldwide. Jeff is currently President of the REI Institute, a Music Medicine research organization and therapy provider. His pioneering work using drumming for children with autism has been featured in many publications, including many scientific journals and several books. Jeff has spoken at dozens of professional conferences and has been called upon as an expert on music and sound healing, appearing on numerous radio programs and in two documentaries. The REI Institute's therapy program for people with neurological disorders, of which Jeff is the creator, is available through hundreds of Authorized REI Providers located around the world. Jeff is a sought-after drum clinician focusing on world rhythm techniques and is the author of eight books. You can find out more about Jeff at www.jeffstrong.com and www.reiinstitute.com.
- Author(s)Jeff Strong
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight603 g
- Width187 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.