All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Age of Scarcity w upon us, fresh water shortages are an increasingly serious global problem. With water restrictions emerging in many developed countries and water diversions for industrial, urban, and environmental reasons stirring up oceans of controversy, there is a growing thirst for invative approaches to reducing our water footprint. Dry Run shows the best ways to manage scarce water resources and handle upcoming urban water crises. Featuring original interviews with more than twenty-five water researchers and industry experts, this book explains water issues and proposes solutions for homes, buildings, facilities, and schools. Examining the vital linkages between water, energy use, urban development, and climate change, Dry Run demonstrates best practices for achieving net zero water use in the built environment, including: - Water conservation strategies for buildings, factories, cities, and Rainwater harvesting - Graywater reuse and water reclamation systems - Water efficiency retrofits - On-site sewage treatment - New water reuse and supply techlogies Ideal for concerned citizens, building managers, homeowners, architects, engineers, developers, and public officials faced with charting a course in a more arid future, Dry Run overflows with practical solutions. Jerry Yudelson, PE, LEED AP, leads the Yudelson Associates consultancy and is a leading authority on green building, clean water, and sustainable development. He is the author of eleven books, including Choosing Green and Green Building A to Z.
- Author BiographyJerry Yudelson has trained 3,000 people in the US Green Building Council's LEED system, and chaired the steering committee for the world's largest green building conference for three years. The founder of a major green building consulting firm and Sustainability Director at Interface Engineering for four years, he is the author of three books on green building.
- Author(s)Jerry Yudelson
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Out-of-print date13/12/2014
- Content NoteColor illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.