All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal trade will increase over the coming years asking for solutions to cope with growing amounts of transported goods. Dryports can optimise the distribution of goods by accelerating transport flows, optimising logistics chains and improving the coordination of traffic infrastructures. The study presented in this book describes how and under what conditions dryports work efficiently as a complementary partner for seaports and as an option for future-oriented and sustainable logistics. The authors identify similarities and differences across four cases at: Bremen/Bremerhaven-Germany, Felixstowe-UK, Gothenburg/Falkoeping-Sweden, and Zeebrugge-Belgium and suggest under which conditions dryports have a good chance to succeed. The main conclusion is that spatial relief and environmental concerns in implementing and running a dryport do matter but, at the end of the day, competition and governance decide.
- Author BiographyManuel Kuhn, born in 1977, Political Scientist, is researcher for maritime economy at the University of Bremen. Karsten Seidel, born in 1958, Economist, is specialised in European maritime affairs. Jochen Tholen, born in 1948, Economist and Sociologist, is specialised in regional economy at the University of Bremen. Gunter Warsewa, born in 1955, is Sociologist and Director of the IAW Institute - University of Bremen.
- Author(s)Guentier Warsewa,Jochen Tholen,Karsten Siedel,Manuel Kuehn
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleMaritime Logistik / Maritime Logistics
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight230 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.