Dual Disorders: Essentials for Assessment and Treatment by David F. O'Connell (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionDual Disorders: Essentials for Assessment and Treatment is a practical handbook for the assessment and clinical management of patients with addiction and psychiatric disorders. Addictions counselors, prevention specialists, and chemical dependency nurses will use this book to understand the nature of psychiatric disorders and uncover valuable guidelines on their treatment and management in the context of primary addictions treatment. It includes an introduction to the rationale and clinical approaches of cognitive therapy; a special section on psychiatric medications; and coverage of mood, anxiety, psychotic, cognitive, eating, and personality disorders. Dual Disorders: Essentials for Assessment and Treatment contains information that is vital and fundamental to effective treatment. It fills a void in the training and education of addictions counselors, helping you become a better diagstician, develop better treatment plans, and communicate more meaningfully with psychiatrists and other mental health professionals. It will also increase your understanding of psychopathology and psychotherapy and decrease the frustration that can arise from a lack of understanding and planning. Specifics that you need to kw to do this are thoroughly covered, including: * elements of a comprehensive assessment of dual disorders * clinical considerations in the treatment of the depressed addict * pitfalls of treating patients with personality disorders * the borderline patient--what to do and what t to do * the psychopathic patient--anticipating and effectively addressing manipulation * practical approaches in treating patients with eating disorders * effective treatment of sexual trauma * cognitive therapy approaches to treating dual disorders * what to expect when your patient is referred to a psychiatrist for psychotropic medication Unlike other books on this topic, Dual Disorders: Essentials for Assessment and Treatment is t a summary of research on dual diagsis r an overview of general programmatic considerations in treatment delivery. Rather, it is directed specifically to addictions counselors involved in the day-to-day treatment of dually diagsed patients, providing detailed descriptions of the major psychiatric disorders as well as useful guidelines and treatment approaches.
- Author(s)David F. O'Connell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/1997
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.