All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUSA-Triathlon, the national governing body for multi-sport racing, is committed to fostering the duathlon as the organization's growth sport. With the full backing of USA-Triathlon-including sections on duathlon history and the forthcoming USA-T program for promoting duathlon-author Steven Jonas has penned the first modern guide for the aspiring multi-sport racer who cant or simply doesn't want to swim. Well kwn for his original ground-breaking book Triathloning for Ordinary Mortals, which has sold nearly 50,000 copies in two editions, and his USA-Triathlon Life column Ordinary Mortals (R): Talking Triathlon with Steve Jonas, the author covers: how the run-bike-run duathlon works; how to have fun, get and stay fit, and promote your health doing duathlons; the training principles and programs for races of varying lengths, from starting from scratch to Doin' the Du on a regular basis throughout the season, centered on a series of 13-week training programs; finding and choosing your races; the basic techniques of running, cycling and fast walking (which can be used on the run legs in both duathlon and triathlon); equipment; race planning and racing; and duathlon as part of a total program for healthy living. This book provides a wealth of kwledge and inspiration from a 29-season multi-sport racer, a prolific author on the subject, who is also a physician and professor of preventive medicine.
- Author BiographySteven Jonas, MD, MPH, is a professor of preventive medicine at the Stony Brook University School of Medicine on Long Island, N.Y. In addition to the books mentioned above, he has also written 101 Ideas and Insights for Triathletes and Duathletes and co-authored Championship Triathlon Training with top triathlon coach George Dallam, PhD. In 2012 he was starting his thirtieth season of multi-sport racing, having done well over 200 duathlons and triathlons.
- Author(s)Steven Jonas
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight16 g
- Width137 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.