All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDucati's classic 750, 860 900 and Mille bevel-drive twins from 1971-1986 are w amongst the most collectable bikes in the world. Although built in relatively small numbers, there are many individual model differences that can make their authentic restoration difficult. This book serves as a definitive guide to authenticity and gives hands-on restoration tips and guidance. This range of motorcycles lasted 15 years and w a restored bike with original parts will be worth about double the value of one with the wrong parts/detailing. There have been so many little variations over the years that most people have idea what is correct for a particular model. A would-be buyer's first question is always how authentic is the bike? , t if it is beautifully restored or t. So this book is a comprehensive guide to authenticity. The content includes colour codes, stripe widths, decal placement, etc. The practical chapters are by necessity broad. For instance, there were five fork types, more than five shock absorber types (many t rebuildable), more than five brake types and ten different frame types. These practical chapters cover little tricks in assembly and offer general advice rather than a detailed workshop manual-type description.
- Author BiographyIan Falloon has enjoyed an involvement with Ducati motorcycles, and bevel twins in particular, for nearly 40 years. In addition to writing several books covering these models, he is an avid restorer with over 20 bevel twin restorations to his credit. He was also fortunate enough to enjoy a close association with the factory and the engineers during the period these bikes were manufactured, providing him with an invaluable insight into their development. Ian lives in Australia with his wife, Miriam, and two sons, Ben and Tim.
- Author(s)Ian Falloon
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Series TitleEnthusiast's Restoration Manual
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1290
- Weight1247 g
- Width207 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.