All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuck & Waffle has been one of the most talked-about restaurant openings in recent years. Located on the 40th floor of Heron Tower on Bishopsgate (so the best views in town) it's London's only upscale 24-hour restaurant, serving an average of 4,000 customers a week. 29-year old Daniel Doherty, winner of Tatler's Rising Star Chef award at the 2013 Restaurant Awards, is the executive chef and his cooking has turned the restaurant into an instant success. Daniel's modern take on European cuisine showcases his culinary diversity, with an emphasis on local, rustic, seasonal and sustainable British ingredients. Signature dishes include Spicy Ox Cheek Doughnut with Apricot Jam, Roasted Essex Beetroot with Goat Curd, Honeycomb & Watercress and of course Duck & Waffle with Crispy Leg Confit, Fried Duck Egg & Maple Syrup. Photographed by celebrated photographer Anders Schonnemann, the book provides a collection of 100 recipes for breakfast and brunch dishes, small plates (a key part of the Duck & Waffle dining experience), main courses, desserts and cocktails, while also capturing the atmosphere of the restaurant as the sky, cityscape and clientele subtly shift through a 24-hour period.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised near Shrewsbury, Daniel Doherty trained at Michelin-star-rated 1 Lombard Street in London. In 2010, he embraced a unique opportunity to open The Old Brewery, a restaurant and microbrewery located in Greenwich, which received rave reviews and won Best British Restaurant by Time Out magazine in 2010. As Executive Chef of Duck & Waffle, Doherty's menu pays homage to classic British cookery while embracing many other culinary influences - always with an emphasis on using great ingredients. His success also extends beyond the burners as Doherty is now a weekly contributor to The Independent's 'Dish of the Day', where he blogs about being a chef, the industry, recipes and more, as well as Rising Star Chef 2013 (Tatler Restaurant Awards).
- Author(s)Daniel Doherty
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Note160 colour photographs
- Weight1156 g
- Width209 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.73
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.77
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.05
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.